Sunday, May 26, 2013

Anything Poes, and then some

Finally, I am able to play along with my fiends
at Quoth the Raven, Nevermore challenges!!
With a style all their own, they deal only in the 
masterings of Mister Poe, and none other! 

I have been itching to use this wonderfully rendered image of Mister Poe
by Rick St. Dennis. It's available here.
I wanted him to be the main attraction, so I decided on an ATC.

After printing Poe out on kraft stock, I used Distress Inks and an aqua 
pen to give him some color. I used a "nevermore" stamp that I got from 
Viva Las Vegas via an Etsy retailer. Weird, I know.

It seemed a little plain, so I felt the need to add some blood splatter.
I embossed it with some cool, but unused for far too long,
 red tinsel embossing powder.

Lastly, I added the witty sentiment from Viva Las Vegas and some more
sparkly blood splats.

I'd like to enter this in the following challenges:

15 comments:

  1. glorious ATC Glo. Loving the sparkly blood spatters xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. POE-fection Glo.... you know where to send this right?
    Love xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahahaha !!! Fabulous ATC Glo. Superb colouring on the image and I love the blood spatter and hilarious senti :-)
    How lovely to have you play along at QUOTH THE RAVEN too :-D

    Hugz
    IKE xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the blood glitter you have added. Thanks for playing with us at LOC and hope to see you again

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful! I couldn´t resist those lovely word stamps either, such a cool font.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfectly Poe-tastic. Seriously brill. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Totally fabulous, love the sentiment. You rock.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful tag. All your thought and work - turned out great! Those Viva stamps so perfect. Wow on the coloring of Poe!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fab ATC Glo! your colouring of Rick's image is gorgeous, love the tinsely blood spatter and the sentiment is so funny :D

    So glad you could join us at Quoth the Raven :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've seen this on FB, but every-time I see I laugh, I just love the senti, and the blood splatter! So Cool!
    Peace,
    Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  11. A fabulous and haunting ATC. Thanks for posting the link to the image and that stamp is fab. Hope it's not too weird to say my favourite element is the blood! Thanks for joining us at Anything But A Card this week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. A wonderfully atmospheric ATC and adding the 'blood' splatter lifted the whole piece - seems like a very good use for that old supply too (I have some which I never use but I may well dig it out now!).
    Thanks for joining us at Anything But A Card this time. Juliax

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fantastic ATC - really does the great man proud! Love you blog name btw. MMx

    ReplyDelete
  14. A fabulous ATC and such a gorgeous stamp. Love the blood spatters! Thanks for joining us at Anything But a Card this week. Jennie x

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment or just vent.