Thursday, October 15, 2015

Gettin' smudgy

It's time for the newest installment in my 
Smeared Ink board book.  

For this page I have used one of the newer images called,

She's pretty amazing. I saw her as a Wizard of Oz witch,
so I kept her skin tone very green. And then it only seemed 
logical to give her red hair and dress her in purple and black.
Standard witch color palette.   

I received some glow in the dark embossing powder for my bday.
Thanks, Dani. How the hell did I not own this stuff before now?!
It is AWESOME!!! 

I used a fabulous red rubber skull pile image for 
the background which is nearly invisible in the daylight.
But once those lights go out, it's full on skullsville, man.
I also learned the hard and messy way that once you gesso your
substrate, heat emboss an image, and add metallic Gelatos, you can't rub 
the surface with a baby wipe or you'll remove all of the Gelato. Not the case
if your substrate is not gessoed or sealed. The pages of this book are kind of glossy
to begin with, so either way I was going to lose my Gelatos on this technique.  

I added some Crackle Accents to a witch tag, and then went over it with
Hickory Smoke distress ink to show off some of those cracks. 

I am really loving the direction this book is going.
It's going to be awesome once it's all done.


Be sure to check out the killer Ink-tober Sale going on at Smeared Ink.
And please stop by the Smudgy Antics blog to check out the incredible
eye candy created by my fellow DT sistahs.
  

2 comments:

  1. OMG!!! How cool is that!?! Saw your gorgeous witch on Smudgy Antics but didn't remember it with the cool glow. That embossing powder totally ROCKS! What a fab new page in your book. LOVE! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  2. So loving this Glo thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment or just vent.